12 June 2015

#908 Ajka, Hungary

Buda Castle (Hungarian: Budavári Palota, German: Burgpalast, Turkish: Budin Kalesi or Kızılhisar) is the historical castle and palace complex of the Hungarian kings in Budapest, and was first completed in 1265. In the past, it has been called Royal Palace (Hungarian: Királyi-palota) and Royal Castle (Hungarian: Királyi Vár, German: Königliche Burg).

Buda Castle was built on the southern tip of Castle Hill, bounded on the north by what is known as the Castle District (Várnegyed), which is famous for its Medieval, Baroque, and 19th-century houses, churches, and public buildings. It is linked to Clark Ádám Square and the Széchenyi Chain Bridge by the Castle Hill Funicular.

It's in the List of UNESCO WHS as a part of Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue.

Date of Inscription on the List of UNESCO WHS: 1987 

Date of Issue: May 8, 2015 | Europa 2015 'Old Toys'

Thank you, Betty !

Sent on: June 9, 2015
Received on: June 12, 2015

No comments: